LONDON / TECHNOLOGY – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / PERMANENT FULL-TIME
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
About the Role
As a Android engineer joining a small agile team at Checkout.com, you will be working on ensuring that our customers (merchants) have the best possible payment experience, even when Google Pay is not available.
The product is our Android SDK, which is used by a number of our leading merchants to process payments. Of course Google Pay is supported, but we also have other payment options where Google Pay isn’t available.
The ideal person for this role would be someone who can strike the balance between shipping quickly and writing tested & resilient code.
- The ideal person for this role would be someone who can strike the balance between shipping quickly and writing tested & resilient code
- 2+ years experience in Android development
- Experience working with Android development with Kotlin is a must.
- Keeps up to date with latest industry trends and guidelines with Android
- Proven experience working in a tech or ecommerce company
- Knowledge of the payments industry is desirable
- Familiarity with the gradle build system will be beneficial
- Familiarity working with any CI/CD build system will be beneficial
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Fluency in English
What You Will Be Doing:
- As an Android engineer at Checkout.com, you will be working on ensuring that our customers (merchants) have the best possible payment experience.
- The products is our Android SDK’s, which is used by a number of our leading merchants to process payments. Of course Google Pay is supported, but we also have other payment options where Google Pay isn’t available
- Use your Kotlin coding skills to build Androids Apps / SDKs
- Should be able to work independently and manage multiple prioirtiies
- Take complete owner ship of work and code you work on.
- Should be able to introduce and suggest any improvements if needed.
- Take responsibility for all things related to the merchant experience and the user experience
- Establish best practices and processes for the product team's overall development
- Assert the quality of your code with unit tests and automation tests
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in dynamic/fast-paced environment
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.