Front End Engineer - Portal
LONDON / TECHNOLOGY – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / PERMANENT FULL-TIME
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
About the role
Joining a exciting team, you will work on the technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of several React single page applications composing Checkout's upcoming new onboarding solution. Candidates will also have the opportunity to contribute to a shared component library used thought the company.
The Portal is Checkout.com’s Merchant facing website. It is the place where Merchants come to understand how their payments are performing, see what they need to take action on, deal with problems, see reports, and change settings. It is, therefore, a key part of a Merchant’s perception of Checkout.com.
The Portal matters. It must be beautiful, fast, and pleasing to use, and so this product blends user experience and using the right technologies to make everything responsive and reliable.
- 2-3 years front-end development experience in React or similar frameworks
- Small experiences or knowledge in mobile development
- Know your way around web-related tech (HTTP, TLS, proxies, API conventions...)
- Implemented APIs
- Curious and unafraid of digging deeper to understand how systems of all kinds work
- Worked on critical services
- Knowledge in the payment ecosystem
What You Will Be Doing:
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to help drive the product development of a risk platform
- Passionate about doing things in the right way and a willingness to help others when needed
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team and wider organisation with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting Business Analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.