MELBOURNE / TECHNOLOGY – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple instalments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 48,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 9 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay.
We are building our tech teams in Melbourne, San Francisco and Shanghai. We’re team players, committed to fast-paced quality work, and we’re looking for people who are keen to be part of something new as it rapidly grows to sky-high limits.
What's the opportunity:
- Help us build Afterpay's brand new merchant-facing and internal-facing portals
- Participate in designing and testing the merchant experience
- Solve interesting business problems by delivering value to our merchants globally
- Work alongside a highly-experienced and fun engineering team
What you'll do:
- Use modern frameworks and technologies to help improve Afterpay's Web Platforms
- Participate in the design-build-own lifecycle of the new portals, including its underpinning services and infrastructure
- Help our team implement the best-of-class merchant experience
- Build web applications and design highly-available services
- Work with complex distributed systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Operations, Sales and Risk and Finance
Who we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience in AngularJS, React.js, Webpack, ES6, and so on.
- Enthusiastic about solving business problems with technology and can take ownership of an end-to-end solution
- Passionate about continuously learning new technologies, frameworks, and services
- Possess an execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional and globally-distributed teams
- Takes testing seriously, and have experience with automated testing frameworks
- Exceptional written and verbal technical communication skills
- Someone who we can have a laugh and beer with - our team's culture is important to us!
- A plus if you have some understanding of Micro-Service and/or Micro-Frontends architectures.
You will have a humble and passionate approach to web platform, security and engineering, where you will be familiar with application architecture, dependency management, security testing, infrastructure automation, and collaboration.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. Once we are back in the office you will enjoy working from one of our beautiful offices and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually.
We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave. When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices