Java Engineer - Payments Integrations Team
Locations: Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
We are responsible for building and maintaining software integrations with payment providers enabling our retailers to provide the best possible shopping and checkout experience to their customers. We focus particularly on frontend integrations, making it easier to embed payment functionality in our Web and mobile platforms. We have to ensure our component is performant and highly available, otherwise our clients would lose money from potential shoppers! Because of that we invest heavily in accurate tests and monitoring of application’s health. We also keep up with technology by regularly upgrading Java and frameworks we depend on.
We work in Kanban, putting much importance on continuous improvement and knowledge sharing. From time to time we organise hackathons to explore some interesting ideas or get together for a presentation about some technical topic prepared by one of our team members.
Our name derives from the product we had been working on previously, which was the Fraud Detection system in OSP.
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- OOP and software design skills
- Experience in Java
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding for TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge in AWS/Cloud environments
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Flexible WFH policy
- Share-saving scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Safari Books - O’Reilly account
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.