ROTTERDAM / R&D / FULL-TIME
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Our team is responsible for connecting all the apps across the whole Mendix Developer Portal, for example, navigation, search, user feedback, and many other user-facing features.
As the Mendix platform grows rapidly, we have tons of challenging (and fun!) projects ahead of us.
Our current tech-stack includes micro-frontend, React, Typescript, Mendix, and AWS services.
If you are an expert of React and have extensive experience about NodeJS backend / AWS Lambda, we are looking for you!
- Build React micro frontend that work everywhere across the whole platform
- Build fast and scalable backend services on AWS or Mendix.
- Deliver high quality code and effective tests
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline and make our deployment lightning fast
- Improve the developer experience of our module, which is used by more than 8 dev teams within Mendix
You’re the innovator we need if:
- You have extensive experience in writing React using Typescript and know the in-n-out about React hooks
- You look into details and like to work with UX designers
- You know how to build a solid NodeJs backend, and familiar with Docker
- You feel responsible for the quality of your work and take true ownership
- You are good at communicating, love to share knowledge and like to learn from others
- You want to become part of a work environment in which your ideas are valued
- You have experience with AWS
- You have experience with Terraform and embrace the concept of infrastructure as code
- You have experience with Mendix development or building widgets
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.