Jira Cloud Ecosystem - Front-End Engineer
GDANSK, POLAND / ENGINEERING / FULL TIME
Atlassian is looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join the Jira Cloud Ecosystem team in Gdansk.
The Atlassian Ecosystem has been wildly successful: we surpassed $1 billion in lifetime revenue on the Atlassian Marketplace and over 60% of Jira Software and Confluence customers use at least one Marketplace app.
Now, the teams powering the platform behind this Ecosystem have a huge role to play in enabling our customers' journey to the Cloud. Together, we are enabling customers to confidently extend their Atlassian Cloud products, without trading off on security or reliability.
As a member of Jira Cloud Ecosystem team you’ll envision, build and operate services and APIs that empower third party app development on Jira Cloud.
Our goal is to make Jira a powerful and easy to use extensibility platform for third party app development. On top of that we focus on making the platform cater for needs of Enterprise customers with security and compliance standards - we will make sure they feel safe building own apps and installing 3rd party apps. Together, we will make sure every team, big or small, can safely customise Jira to their needs.
In this role, you will collaborate closely not only with your immediate team, but also with engineers across a wide range of Atlassian product and platform teams, as well as with product managers and 3rd party vendors.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Architectural understanding of web applications
- Willingness to take ownership of the software you write all the way to production, and experience operating software in production. This includes building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks,
- Outstanding, creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficient English (both spoken and written)
It's great – but not required – for you to have:
- Experience with React and related technologies - Redux, RxJS, etc.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and software development practices (unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration).
- Know-how with regard to front-end tooling such as Webpack, babel, eslint, etc.
- Wide experience of successful and failed projects
- Experience with public cloud offerings (AWS, or equivalents in another cloud provider, e.g. GCP or Azure)
- Ability to slice and dice problems so they can be worked on by several people
- Desire and ability to mentor junior developers
- Relaxed yet hardworking demeanour
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.