Lead/Senior Java Software Developer
JOB #: 50655
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Lead/Senior Java Software Developer for our Krakow office to make the team even stronger.
Software Developer position in EPAM gives opportunity to interact with skilled engineers worldwide, be acquainted with various industries & domains and work with modern technologies used in our projects.
EPAMers in Krakow focus on delivering reliable, scalable and flexible components of the IT landscape to integrate with the existing systems, emphasize online processing and leverage the synergies for industries like:
• Banking – adopting IT landscapes to meet EU regulations and execute international treaties;
• Insurance – introducing modern systems opening new markets and extending products portfolio;
• Trade – increasing transaction handling rate, keeping high security and redundancy standards;
• Media & Entertainment – bringing premium class user experience for media consumers;
• Meteorology – optimizing pan-European logistics and delivering weather disaster warnings;
• Medicine – connecting patients, physicians and laboratory experts together to better diagnose rare diseases.
- Work within the development team delivering the core features in Agile environment
- Take responsibility for ensuring the delivery meets the department quality standards
- Further the knowledge and enthusiasm of software engineering techniques with your peers
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing Java-based backend applications
- Experience with Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot or Java EE
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Knowledge of database design and SQL including query optimization
- Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, understanding of design patterns, concepts like OOD, TDD, BDD, DDD, CI/CD
- Proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, etc
- Familiarity with debugging and performance tuning along with a good understanding of deploying, maintaining and monitoring complex Java applications
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong analytical thinking and ability to solve algorithmic tasks
- Clean coding and refactoring skills with great problem solving ability
- Hands-on experience with agile methodologies, especially scrum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with AWS/Azure/GCP cloud
- Experience with Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with other JVM languages
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.