Senior Android Engineer
NEW YORK, NEW YORK / HINGE – ENGINEERING / REGULAR
We are looking for an Android Engineer to join our talented, experienced, and growing mobile engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work with a modern Android tech stack (Kotlin, MotionLayout, Coroutines) and have impact on a product that reaches millions of users.
Your primary goals will be to work with your team to grow into an independent, capable, and confident Android developer, and to improve the quality of the Hinge Android app.
- Contribute to and take ownership of feature development
- Contribute to Android issue tracking and resolution
- Understand and contribute to the project development process at Hinge
- Develop a strong understanding of Android fundamentals
- Communicate with teammates and other teams in a positive and empowering way
- You have 4+ years of professional experience working in Android Development (Kotlin strongly preferred)
- You have published apps in the Google Play Store
- You have strong software development and design fundamentals
- You are capable of clear, productive, and empathetic communication
- You take pride in your work and are driven by creating a great experience for our users.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.