Senior Game Server Engineer (Java)
REMOTE / ENGINEERING – MOBILE / REMOTE
We are hiring for a brand new casual mobile studio based in a fancy Warsaw office. Our client is a leading FTP producer with 30 million users worldwide every month and 200+ games under their belt.
You will join an autonomous, self-organizing, creative team of highly experienced and crazy talented experts, who contribute actively with ideas and together shape product vision. You will take full ownership of your role and become a part of a small high performing team, working in a safe environment, with a collaborative and result-oriented mindset.
We are looking for talents interested in working on the next big thing!
- architecting the server-side of our new games;
- leading the distribution and upkeep of new games highly-scalable backends through maintenance and design;
- troubleshooting and monitoring high-volume database systems;
- prototyping and bringing up to life the new game ideas;
- collaborating with a cross-functional team to achieve the best possible quality of our products;
- actively contributing towards the best practice of reliability and availability;
- providing technical leadership in back-end technologies and acting as a resource for the studio.
- 5+ years of experience in server-side Java programming along with concurrency handling and distributed systems;
- strong exposure to game development;
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- demonstrate solid Linux shell experience along with scripting languages;
- able to think on your feet and don’t shy away from working under pressure as our aim is to minimize downtime in games, so you’ll be expected to respond and troubleshoot a range of issues accompanying the production environment;
- highly-committed and passionate about getting things done autonomously;
- willingness to work as part of a team and having an open-minded attitude towards your colleagues and their work;
- clear and open communication on the needs, wants and ideas;
- hands-on approach;
- true passion for games;
- very good command of English and willingness to work in an international environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- experience in Redis and/or PostgreSQL database;
- knowledge of data serialization in client-server communication.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- freedom of making partnership decisions;
- flat structure;
- direct influence on the final product and business direction;
- working hardware of your choice;
- attractive remuneration based on experience and skills;
- relocation package;
- private medical care and sports card;
- free lunch days, fresh fruits, refreshments in the office;
- company trips and gatherings.
Not your time for a move? Recommend a friend and earn 700 EUR! Contact: [email protected]
IMPORTANT: We will never, absolutely never send your CV and/or personal data to any of our clients without your direct consent. Submitting your CV is not equal to giving us consent to share your details with our external partners- we will always contact you upfront and ask for your agreement.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.