Senior Java Software Engineer
BARCELONA / TECHNOLOGY – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Clearpay is part of the Afterpay Limited Family. Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay and Clearpay have over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Clearpay’s Java Software Engineer, you’ll join our Checkout team in Barcelona. Our Software Engineers are responsible for designing and developing software to enhance the Afterpay platform delivering value to Customers and Merchants. We operate in a fast paced and constantly changing industry and development and maintenance of effective software is key to the ongoing success and future growth of the business. This is a perfect role for Engineers who thrive in a fast paced environment where they are working with current technology and where their work matters and is appreciated.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Form part of a cross-functional team delivering value to our product
- Produce high-quality work and results and have the ability to adapt to new and changing demands and continuously seek improvements
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Participate in code reviews, pair programming and trainings
- Architect and develop internal APIs and microservices for supporting services for our product
- Develop, deliver and monitor new features that satisfy our customers
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of professional development experience with Java 8 to 14, and Springboot
- Working experience with J2EE, Spring, Spring Cloud, JPA, REST
- Fluency with Maven, multi-level maven projects life-cycle, GIT, JIRA
- Interest in CI tools, Docker, Sonar, Postman, JMeter, Profiling
- MongoDB knowledge
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Follow best practices when developing software, delivering simple, efficient, well tested and designed code
- Test driven mindset
- Business driven mindset for delivering software solutions within a product team
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas as well as getting to agreements
- Fluency in English
- Willing to learn and face new challenges
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We have a pay-for-performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with:
- A corporate membership to Headspace
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive economical package (flexible compensation plan)
- Career Development Opportunities (constantly learning new technologies, and professionally grow)
- Training Program
- Extended Annual Holiday Leave
- Flexible Working Hours (half-day on Fridays)
- Gym membership
- Fresh organic fruit, Coffee & Tea
- Team Building Activities
- Employee Referral System
- Language lessons
- Friendly and supportive team
- Great working environment
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Clearpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices. Please submit you resume in English.