Senior QA Automation Engineer - Frontend
BERLIN / QA – MOBILE / FULL TIME
A multicultural Berlin-based studio creating high-quality casual games is now looking for an Experienced Senior QA Automation Engineer for newly formed QA Engineering Department!
In this new department, you will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department's mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded within a game team on one of our hit story-driven casual games. Additionally, you will work on cross-team projects with the rest of the QA discipline to share knowledge, define best practices and continually implement frameworks to improve our products' quality. Leveraging your automated testing experience, you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum and providing performance targets are exceeded.
- You will implement the QA automation strategy, through increased automation test coverage, to continually improve the software quality of our games
- Your special focus will be on implementing Automated End-to-End Testing for game features and regression tests
- Your contribution will be crucial in transforming manual testing into automated testing, together with game engineers
- You will build and own the automation testing framework that you and other engineers will develop automated tests for new features and live operations
- You will be an active participant in code reviews and participate in the full development cycle.
- You will advocate for automated testing and overall software quality, collaborating closely with development teams and our parent company's QA automation competence center
- You have several, at least 5+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role)
- You have worked with the unity game engine, know its fundamental architecture and how to implement features with C#
- You have experience with automated game testing
- You have experience writing unit and integration tests using frameworks such as NUnit, or others
- You know how automated build pipelines and continuous integration systems are set up and how to integrate test automation
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience to help teams implement the best testing practices
- You are familiar with several test automation frameworks and tools (Cypress, Selenium, Puppeteer, API / Contract testing frameworks or other)
- You have an insatiable curiosity about how complex systems work
- You have a passion for games
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- competitive salary
- quarterly bonus scheme based on company's performance
- an annual training budget for self development
- free in-house German lessons
- in-house professional development training opportunities
- comprehensive relocation package for you and your family
- equipment of your choice
Not your time for a move? Recommend a friend and earn 700 EUR! Contact: [email protected]
IMPORTANT: We will never, absolutely never send your CV and/or personal data to any of our clients without your direct consent. Submitting your CV is not equal to giving us consent to share your details with our external partners- we will always contact you upfront and ask for your agreement.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.