Senior iOS Developer
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA / PLENTY OF FISH – ENGINEERING / REGULAR
We're looking for an iOS development specialist who takes ownership of solving complex problems and strives for excellence in building complex yet delightful iOS apps.
With more than 10 million monthly active users and 40 million messages sent between users every single day, this is your chance to positively impact the lives of millions of people!
So, what will you do?
- Work alongside other developers to help architect, build and iterate on major components and new product features for the Plenty of Fish iOS App used by millions of users around the globe every day.
- Share your expertise to help solve complex problems at scale in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with team members to resolve them.
- Partner closely with Design, Product and Engineering management to continuously improve our iOS application.
- Work in a data-driven environment implementing AB tests and working with analytical application data to help improve user experience.
- Mentor other iOS developers and help them enhance their software development knowledge.
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- You'll have a BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience.
- 5+ years of professional development experience on iOS.
- In-depth experience in building and shipping complex iOS applications using SWIFT, Objective C.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, design patterns, multi-threading, and networking.
- In-depth knowledge of debugging, profiling and optimizing iOS Apps for performance.
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code. You set and maintain high standards of code quality.
- Experience of building apps consuming REST APIs.
- You pay great attention to detail but never lose sight of the big picture and company objectives.
- You can multitask, handling competing priorities and are comfortable with change.
- You love to learn and are always up to date with changes to iOS, SDK and Ecosystem.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.